Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Using Your Voice - a Response to the Class Disscussion- 'What is Communicated Through Music?'

Many things can be conveyed through a single song lyric. I, however. never took the time to think about this until recently. I've always known that emotions, stories, and social/cultural messages can be told through a song, but I guess I held the fact that this is simply not all a song can hold in my subconscious. Political, religious, educational, and historical messages, and messages about sports, news or defiance are all messages and themes that a song may contain whether we realize it or not. 

A song holding an underlying touch of defiance seems very intriguing. It is incredible that someone can convey a need for unity, or exploit a horrible truth by simply putting their message on paper (or any other medium) and publishing it so that it is available to the public. I believe that now more than ever artists need to convey messages they feel strongly about through their lyrics. It is one of the best ways a person in a position of power can bring our country together. I believe it is essential to use your voice if you have one.

-Guinn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enlightened in the Dark of a Theatre - a Response to the class discussion - 'Why do People Still Go to Movie Theatres?'

The primary reason that I attend a movie is for the immersive experience. I quite enjoy sitting in the dark, surrounded by expensive speaker...