Saturday, October 27, 2018

An Internetless Existence - a Response to Emily McCurry's Blog Entry, "The Evolution of Entertainment: What Life Would be like Without Music and Movies"

In Emily Mccurry's entry she mentions how very difficult and different life would be without music and movies. I very much relate to the article she has written. I feel that my entire existence revolves around these two things. I have yet to go through a day without so much as seeing a clip from a movie or hearing a popular song lyric. The entire human race very much relies on technology in order to function, but I feel that I would be lost without the two things McCurry mentions in her blog. 

Movies and music are a large part of who I am. I not only enjoy them, but I very much want to work in the music or film industries when I am older. I love these two expressive arts for that reason exactly. They are a way to express yourself when simple verbal or nonverbal responses fail you. I, however, also depend on the people I surround myself with (mainly my family) to keep busy. Even though I cannot imagine life without the internet, if I was forced to live without it I would still have ways to express and entertain myself.


-Guinn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enlightened in the Dark of a Theatre - a Response to the class discussion - 'Why do People Still Go to Movie Theatres?'

The primary reason that I attend a movie is for the immersive experience. I quite enjoy sitting in the dark, surrounded by expensive speaker...